Foolish Sensibility

Don't be afraid to invite people to laugh with you while you are laughing at yourself. You may be the fool, but you are the fool in charge!

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Dark Places

Dark Places

I have my dark places and ugly faces
Just like anyone else
This impurity consumes my soul
You say you see the good in me
I find it hard to see it in myself
I see the pain and scars
the hurt that others have left behind
The holes and empty places
The silence and anger hidden deep
You try so hard to make me understand
Yet some days I wonder if you do
I feel the darkness in my soul
Do you ignore that?
You must if you see what you say you do
I know the cruel things I've done
I've felt the pain of the mistakes I made
I feel the burn of the lies leaving my tongue
I feel the tears stinging as they fall
I feel the pressure of my aching soul
The pieces of my shattered heart
Yet you say I'm beautiful

Do you really see me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home