Questions
How did this all get so serious?
I never asked for maturity
I never asked to be taught.
You say that I’m blind and don’t see
Who says you are the one with the light?
I’m not ready for this change,
I’m not ready to change myself.
I was content, okay with the way I was
But now as I enter the world
I see all the things I’ve ignored before.
All this talk,
All these lies,
All the truth I am learning to see.
Who am I supposed to trust,
‘Cause I see no one to lead me.
I feel like screaming out loud
Just so I’ll know I’m still here
Just so I’ll know something is real.
I feel like crying for days upon days
But what good would that do me?
So I sit in silence,
watching and listening.
I observe you in this chaos,
all this that you would call order,
It only adds to my confusion.
Why can’t my salvation be my own?
Why should it be dictated?
By you, or anyone else.
My salvation is God’s will,
Not mine or the world’s.
You say acceptance,
I ask the same,
from you and the world
and everything in between.
Is that so much to ask?
So many questions
I don’t have the answers
Neither do you.
I’m just trying to grow up
I’m just trying to find myself.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home