When boredom sets in...
Well, seeing as today is my 18th birthday, I decided to have a party with my friends on Saturday night. Unfortunately for me, I had to work until 5, and by that time, my car was stuck in the parking lot of Bright Spot owing to the fact that there was a parade going on for the fair. So, since I couldn't really get home, my friends Anna and Jessica (aka Lou and Sica) and I maneuvered through the masses of people on the sidewalks lining Main Street and eventually came unscathed to Sami's Cafe, where our friend Andrew happened to be working. There we discovered one of the advantages to it being almost my birthday, because he gave us free cake.
By that time we had finished our cake, we were extremely hyper and may have started causing more chaos than would be beneficial for the general public, luckily the parade was finally over, so we went back to 'BS' and got my car. I finally arrived home at 6:30, and attempted to clean the house, but that didn't really happen, then a few of my friends (Daniel and Kelan, aka Fluffy and the Peacock) showed up, and we went to rent a movie and get food. We rented MIB 2, but we never actually got around to watching it. Man, that was a waste of five bucks. When we got back to my house, Brit and Sica had finally showed up, Anna and Andrew showed up 15 minutes later. We sat around my kitchen talking about the pointless stupid things that we tend to converse about, that lasted for about an hour. They then decided that it was time to give me a concussion (not the last one of the night either) and incorporated that foolish tradition of hitting people with their presents before they are allowed to open them. In Sica's case, the present was in a huge box that I could live in quite comfortably. Luckily it was mostly full of those plastic bubbles they pack things with now days, so it didn't really hurt. I'm sure it looked rather ridiculous, with me sitting on the floor and three other people holding a giant box over my head.
Sadly, most of my presents were food. Not that I minded, it just says something about the fact that my friends know me far to well than is good for my waistline.
After we had reeked havoc inside, we moved ourselves outside. We ran amok in the yard for a few hours, playing our version of tackle football.....minus the football. It's a good thing my head is as hard as it is, because I received several traumatizing impacts to my cranium. I guess that sort of thing is rather unavoidable when you are pinned under a pile of 6 other people. Finally around midnight we realized that most of our parents would probably be requiring our presence in the near distant future, so the party dispersed and I was left on disaster control, mostly cleaning up the kitchen. All in all it was a fun party, even though we didn't really do anything that could be defined as a productive use of time. I suppose that's the purpose of having friends though, since everyone needs someone they can waste time with and yet still be having the time of their lives.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home