Foolish Sensibility

Don't be afraid to invite people to laugh with you while you are laughing at yourself. You may be the fool, but you are the fool in charge!

Friday, October 28, 2005

October Moon

I sit alone in gentle darkness
I listen as the wind rustles the falling leaves
The steady rhythm of raindrops
Matching the beat of my heart.

I sit alone and wonder,
Consumed by thoughts of you.
The cloudy sky breaks open,
The sliver of an October Moon peaks through.

I gaze up at her in wonder,
Then smile a little for you,
Because I know that somewhere far from here,
She is smiling on you too.

For a moment I do envy that fair maiden in the sky.
I tremble to think that one day, someday,
I might touch you as she does now,
Her translucent silver fingers lingering on your smiling face.

Oh what I would not give for that,
No song or word can tell!
I know only this ache in my heart,
Knowing I need to be near you.

People say I'm crazy,
That my logic's gone to pieces,
But what do they know?
They do not know this feeling.

They do not feel this hole in my heart,
The place that you should fill,
You are my completion,
And I long for that day.

I'd wait for forever
For just the chance to hold you in my arms and say
All the things that words can never tell.
My heart, my soul, these I give to you.

And so I wait in silent darkness,
Thinking thoughts of you.
Watching the moon, a smile on my face,
Hoping that day will come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home